Below Is a list of frequently asked questions.
If you can not find your question in this list, please feel free to email me for additional information.
- I’m new and just learning to crocheting. Where should I start?
- Do you use standard crochet terminology?
- What should I do if I have found a mistake in your pattern?
- Where can I purchase your patterns?
- Do you have any new patterns for sale?
- What may I do with patterns I have downloaded or purchased from Ravelry?
- May I sell items that I made based on your pattern?
- How do I send your pattern as a gift?
- How do I buy a printed copy of your pattern?
- How do I download patterns?
- How do I view or print my patterns?
- May I link your content, patterns, or photos on my blog or pattern?
- Do you have a store?
- What kinds of items do you sell?
- Do you take PayPal?
- What form of currency do you accept?
- Do you charge sales tax?
- How and when will I receive my purchase?
- Do you accept commission requests to make items?
- How much do you charge for your handmade items?
About Woofter Creations
Who is Mausica?
Mausica also known as Jessica or Jessi Woofter is a nickname given to me by German family members combining Jessica and the German word for mouse (“maus”). I design crochet patterns as well as crochet baby items and dolls on commission. I also maintain this website, online shop, ship orders, answer questions, etc. Everything on this site and store using the name magicalmaus or Woofter Creations (formerly Mausica’s Magical Menagerie) is either designed or handmade 100% by me, Jessica Woofter.
I work full-time by day and crochet by night, but I am always happy to hear from you and will do my best to help! I apologize in advance if I can not get back to you right away, I will try to respond as quickly as possible. If you have any concerns or questions that need immediate attention, send me a private message through Facebook.
About Woofter Creations Crochet Patterns
I’m new and just learning to crochet. Where should I start?
I am working on setting up tutorials and guides specifically for my patterns beyond that there are so many talented individuals that have valuable information available all over the web.
Here are a few excellent resources to start you off and I will work on updating my list as I find people and resources:
- Amigurumi Patterns – http://www.amigurumipatterns.net/patterns/ (This website has a lovely collection of amigurumi patterns to inspire you).
- Annie’s Craft Store – https://www.anniescatalog.com/pages/stitchguide/ (They have an excellent set of tutorials and stitch guides).
- Craft Yarn Council – http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/weight.html
- Craftster – http://www.craftster.org/ (Community of crafters of all kinds with free tutorials and patterns).
- Craftsy – http://www.craftsy.com (Most of the tutorials are “pay to view” but there is a foundation chain video I found particularly helpful).
- Crochet Guild of America – http://www.crochet.org/ (This site has excellent information about hooks and yarn types).
- Delicious Crochet – http://www.deliciouscrochet.com/ (This is another one of my favorite crocheters. This website has some awesome crochet patterns, but they are little more advanced).
- Lion Brand Yarns – http://learntocrochet.lionbrand.com/
- PlanetJune – http://www.planetjune.com (This lady is awesome and one of my personal favorite crocheters. She has a lot of great tutorials available).
- Ravelry – http://www.ravelry.com/ (This is a wonderful site with patterns for free and sale. I also sell my patterns here).
- Red Heart – http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns
Do you use standard crochet terminology?
Yes, all my patterns use standard (US) crochet terminology and are written in the English language. I can also have them translated into German or Spanish. I am working on getting some of my free patterns translated into those languages. Keep an eye out on my Facebook wall or blog feed for updates.
What should I do if I have found a mistake in your pattern?
Please by all means email me if you have noticed an error in one of my patterns. I am only human and will likely make mistakes. So please feel free to email me if you are unsure about anything in my patterns! I will always do my best to help.
Where can I purchase your patterns?
You can get free downloadable PDF patterns and purchase PDF patterns all through my Ravelry Store.
Do you have any new patterns for sale?
Yes, I am working on creating some mythical creature patterns but it may be some time before I can post them to Ravelry. I will post updates on Facebook and website’s blog page.
What may I do with patterns I have downloaded or purchased from Ravelry?
- You get unlimited customer support and copies for personal use. You can download it as much as you want through Ravelry. Free patterns are available on my website and Ravelry store.
- You get free access to any revisions to the pattern. Ravelry notifies you of revisions to patterns.
- You may make and sell items from the pattern. Please give me credit as the pattern designer.
- You may NOT redistribute patterns designed by Jessica Woofter in any way.
May I sell items that I made based on your pattern?
Yes, as stated above, you may sell items made from my patterns. However, please consider and comply with the following:
- You should consider the laws and regulations now in place for selling items made for children within the United States. The dolls will be considered a children’s item regardless of what you label it as. For more information about the laws and regulations, please see the CPSC’s website: http://www.cpsc.gov/
- Getting insurance to cover you for liability for making children’s items can be costly and not to mention frustrating to obtain.
- The items you sell must be 100% handmade by you, the purchaser. (No production-line allowed).
- Any items for sale must state somewhere in the item description that the item is from my pattern design (i.e., Pattern Designed by Jessica Woofter).
- Please use photographs you create for items that you sell. You may not use my photos.
How do I send your pattern as a gift?
Ravelry is set up to give patterns as gifts. For more information, see http://blog.ravelry.com/2009/12/11/pattern-store-news-gifting-and-more/.
How do I buy a printed copy of your pattern?
If you want a hardcopy, I would be happy to ship a color hardcopy via USPS. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for requests and pricing.
How do I download patterns?
You should receive an email with a link to download your pattern. If you have a Ravelry account, go to your library and the “purchased” link to see all your purchased patterns. If you are still having problems, please see Ravelry’s contact page for additional help: http://www.ravelry.com/contact?question=i_havent_received_the_download_link_for_a_pattern_i_purchased_on_ravelry&about=purchase
How do I view or print my patterns?
All of my patterns are available as PDF files and you need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the patterns. You can download the Adobe Reader for free at https://get.adobe.com/reader/. Please make sure to uncheck the optional offer to install MacAfee, unless you want MacAfee installed on your computer before you download Adobe Reader.
Yes, you may link back to any part of my site and include one of my photos with your link. Please make sure to indicate they are my photos. You may not reproduce my content in full.
Buying Handmade Items
Do you have a store?
I am in the process of redesigning my website to post items for sale. In the meantime, contact me on Facebook or by email to email@example.com if you are looking for something particular.
What kinds of items do you sell?
I design and make patterns, original artwork, hair accessories, coin purses, adult clothing items, etc.
Do you take PayPal?
Yes, I use PayPal as my credit card processor. PayPal accepts credit and debit cards, and you do not need an account with PayPal to pay for items. However, PayPal will require you to provide a shipping address even if you are just downloading a pattern. My Ravelry Store and online store both accept PayPal payments.
What form of currency do you accept?
The store lists prices in US dollars (USD) but I will accept Canadian dollars (CAD). I currently only ship to the continental United States and Canada. PayPal will automatically convert the price to the appropriate currency before you complete payment.
Do you charge Sales Tax?
Yes, I am required to collect sales taxes for individuals residing in Tennessee. If you live outside of Tennessee, then you are not required to pay sales tax. Keep in mind if you use a Tennessee billing or shipping address, you will get charged sales tax. The current sales tax rate is 9.25% or 9.75% of the total purchase price depending on your location in Tennessee. The store automatically calculates the appropriate rate at checkout based on your billing/shipping address.
How and when will I receive my purchase?
- If you purchase a pattern through Ravelry, you should be prompted immediately to download the pattern, and as long as no issues with your payment arise. Please note e-check payments, which debit directly to PayPal from your bank, will delay the receipt of your pattern. You will receive a link to download the pattern once your payment is processed.
- If you purchased a pre-made item, I ship items within 2-3 business days via USPS or a specified carrier. Please email me if you wish to use a different carrier other than USPS. Once payment has cleared, you should receive a tracking number via email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you purchased a commission listing, please allow 1-2 weeks for completion of the item. If I estimate that your item will take longer to complete, or I must place you on a waitlist, I will notify you immediately by email and give you the option of a refund.
Do you accept commission requests to make items?
The short answer is Yes, but please consider the following:
- It’s illegal to sell items of a trademarked character without the trademark holder’s consent. (i.e., from film, TV, games, comics, etc.)
- I have patterns from several different designers. However, if you see a design you like and the designer specifies that individuals may make or sell items, I would be happy to give the pattern a try and make those items. As long as it does not illustrate a trademarked character or symbol.
Please email me with your requests and I will get back to you as quickly as possible.
How much do you charge for your handmade items?
Pricing varies and depends on the amount of work involved. Please check out my Shop for an idea of what I currently charge.
There was a problem with my order, who do I contact?
What is your refund policy?
I don’t accept returns, exchanges, or cancellations, but please contact me if you have any problems with your order and I will do my best to resolve any issues.
I didn’t receive an order confirmation.
Please check your Spam folder, it may be there. To prevent this from happening in the future, add email@example.com to your contacts or safe list. If you still have problems, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.