I adore amigurumi and in sea of amigurumi patterns it is hard to find just one pattern I want to work on (because I love them all). I have rounded up a small sample of some of the 5 best amigurumi animal patterns (in my opinion) to try out. All of these are ideal for beginners with basic crochet skills. Some are free and some are paid.
1. Here is Dhalia the Dragonfly by Lex in Stitches. She also has some other really great patterns.
2. How adorable is this Nico the Baby Narwhal by Neogurumi?
3. Check this amazing little Blue Dragon Slug Pattern by Bentina’s Crochet & Embroidery. I have personally tested this pattern and loved it!
4. This cute little Bug Pattern by Snuggly Fox Designs is absolutely adorable and so much sweeter looking than the real thing!
5. This is my own pattern. I love a little oddity but I think this Oarfish by Woofter Creations is pretty cute. There also some free sea creature themed patterns available for download.